XP installation HELP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Junni68, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Junni68

Junni68

Hello, can anybody help me? I have AA1 with internal 8GB drive and Linpus. I have spent several hours trying to install XP pro. I have and installation CD and an external CD drive, so hardware should be OK. I boot form the ext CD, and after a while from the beginning af the xp install, I get an error message, that Windows stopped to a problem with hard drive. Possibly damaged disk or virus... remove all you hard drives, or something like that. I can not even get so far, that I could format the disk! Can anybody help me with this?

Junni68, Aug 26, 2008
  2. Junni68

mazade

Is it a full-screen blue screen with a lot of non-sensical text?
    If you're trying to install XP onto the same HDD that the Acer Linpus variation is installed on... that could be the source of your problem... Linpus does not like sharing the HDD space. I ended up wiping Linpus from the drive before installing XP.. that was the only way it worked.. and even then it was kinda challenging.

mazade, Aug 28, 2008
  3. Junni68

KGB

Double check that you have Windows XP with Service Pack 2 - otherwise there is noch chance to install.

KGB, Aug 28, 2008
  4. Junni68

mazade

Um... on my One (AAO-110) I installed Xp just fine using XP SP1... Maybe the A150 doesn't work well with versions prior to SP2? o.0 no clue

mazade, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question