xPUD

Discussion in 'Linux' started by harlley sathler, Apr 15, 2009.

1. harlley sathler

harlley sathler

Any one have booted the xPUD LiveUSB successful on Acer One?

I´ve tried it but it dont´t complete the boot...

harlley sathler, Apr 15, 2009
  2. harlley sathler

Xinês

Hi Sathler,

I did in USB version. Works ok and is snappy but boot time is much less impressive than they advertise (I don't know what they measuring since they stat inside system a boot time far smaller than the real one on my computer (Samsung 8G-SSD). Concept seems very good but in a netbook, where I figure out this concept would benefit the most, it uses too much monitor area for the frames. If the access menu would hide ... but this is still a experimental version, not a final one, and that is tottally visible by almost total lack of desktop and management tools.

Xinês, Apr 16, 2009
  3. harlley sathler

harlley sathler

Hi!

I tried it virtualized and it worked, but when I build the bootable USB device, it didn´t start...

I know that this still in development and you´re right when say about the interface... If the sidebar could be hided, the system could be more confortable in the small screen of netbooks...

But in the actual state, I believe it be much usefull in others applications like kiosks or terminals for specific purposes...

Oh, just a question: I´m curious about your nick. Are you Brazilian?

harlley sathler, Apr 16, 2009
  4. harlley sathler

Fuzzma

I used unetbootin to create a bootable SD.
    But I'm having problems with the sound.

Tested in AOD250.

Fuzzma, Jul 14, 2009
Ask a Question