yahoo games etc

Discussion in 'Linux' started by d_shamrock, Jan 11, 2009.

1. d_shamrock

d_shamrock

Hi all, we bought our 11 year old one of these for xmas, nice notebook for him, but iam having problems with yahoo games and other java enabled games, i keep getting error message, i have tried installing jave from the website but still no joy, our other pc has winows xp, and thus i have no clue at all about linux, any help on this would be great as iam now at my wits end with it all......

d_shamrock, Jan 11, 2009
  2. d_shamrock

meng

What do you mean by this? What exactly did you do, which website, etc.? It's important to state specifically what you've tried already, otherwise you won't get the advice you need.

meng, Jan 12, 2009
  3. d_shamrock

d_shamrock

when i say tried installing java from website, i went to the website which was recomended by yahoo games and also another games site, sunjava, and tried to install patch for linux, then tested it on sunjava website it says i have the latest and uptodate version but still i cannot get java based games to work and still get the same error message from the yahoo site, i have noticed from other sites that this a problem that quite a few people are having, i hope i can get this sorted as our son has so far enjoyed his acer aspire one.

d_shamrock, Jan 12, 2009
  4. d_shamrock

scudder2u

scudder2u, Jan 21, 2009
Ask a Question