Yay! My Lady Ace arrived today!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LadyK, Mar 18, 2009.

1. LadyK

LadyK

I love it. I really want windows 7 on it though, but I;m a computer illiterate and can't follow the instructions on how to do it very well. And the ram thing as well. Could geek squad do it for me?

LadyK, Mar 18, 2009
  2. LadyK

Daball

I don't know if they could do it for you but they could do it to you. Sorry couldn't resist.

Daball, Mar 18, 2009
  3. LadyK

GvidoR

Actually, it's much easier to install Windows 7 than it is to install Windows XP or previous versions.
    But before you do it, is it the 8.9" or 10.1" version?
    It's no problem to install Windows 7 on the 8.9" version but I'm not sure about the 10.1" version.

As for the RAM: 10.1" - Easy! 8.9" = Pretty hard

GvidoR, Mar 18, 2009
  4. LadyK

LadyK

:( I've got the 10.1" version.

LadyK, Mar 19, 2009
  5. LadyK

DynaMight

If you have 1GB ram then thats plenty (Tis what I use with Win7). Use this guide to copy the files to a USB pendrive: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-insta ... ing-guide/

I cant see 10.1 being a problem.

Most drivers will be picked up automatically. Build 7057 is the latest build, you can get it from the torrent sites. Depends on if you can wait because RC1 is coming although looks like it may had been put back to May now. Although you can very easily upgrade from beta to RC1.

DynaMight, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question