Yellow tint on webcam image

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by fizikz, Aug 19, 2008.

1. fizikz

fizikz

I don't know if I'm the only one, but whenever I view the image from my Acer One's webcam, the image is tinted yellow. I tried a few different programs such as the built in webcam viewer, Ekiga, aMSN, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this?

fizikz, Aug 19, 2008
  2. fizikz

rebuilder

Sounds like a white balance issue. I'm guessing you're indoors and have artificial lighting, probably incandescent bulbs. That tends to produce a warm/orange tint. In the webcam app there's an "adjustments" button, clicking that will give you a number of sliders, messing with the white balance slider may help a bit.

rebuilder, Aug 20, 2008
  3. fizikz

fizikz

Yes, I'm in an environment with artificial lighting, but it's usually fluorescent. Playing with the adjustment settings can fix the yellow tint, but I would have to do this in each application. It seems that most applications also adjust the settings dynamically while in use; by putting my hand very close in front of the webcam, most programs (ekiga, for instance) fix the yellow tint automajically. I'm in a room with beige walls so perhaps this has something to do with it as well.

fizikz, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question