ZG5 refurb purchase-buyer beware

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mwarner, May 28, 2009.

1. mwarner

mwarner

I'm hoping someone on this board can steer me in the right direction, as the non-existent customer service for acer refurbs is in full effect.

Does anyone know where one may get a manual for this netbook? The sheet of paper that came with this computer tells me to go to the following site:
    http://www.acerpanam.com to download a users guide, but the search engine at that site does not list this computer, nor does it recover a single manual for any netbook listed.

This page also tells the user that they should make a backup of the factory installed Image as soon as possible. I've got a portable USB cd writer ready to go, but the Acer e-recovery management software does not even give me this option, only to restore system to factory default, or to reinstall applications/drivers.

This is my second attempt at using this model of refurb netbook. For my first attempt, I managed to get the computer booted up and online and then attempted to uninstall the 60 day trial of MS office only to have the entire OS get hosed in the process leaving me a paper weight with Acer branding. I would really like to back up the system before I go down this road again.

thanks in advance.

mwarner, May 28, 2009
  2. mwarner

Arctic_Eddie

I found my manuals for the A150 and D150 here starting with Netbook, Aspire One, then the model number. A sticker on the underside of your unit should give you that data.

http://gd.panam.acer.com/home/

Arctic_Eddie, May 29, 2009
  3. mwarner

CarlS

Thank you for the link. :D

CarlS, May 30, 2009
  4. mwarner

bigmac44

I got a program from a techie convention called BounceBack Ultimate from www.cmsproducts.com. It will make a complete backup of your system to an external hard drive. It also has the capability of running your laptop from the external drive should something happen to your internal drive. You can also recover your system from the drive as well. It took about 45 minutes for me to back up my system. I am a believer in this software!

bigmac44, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question